Open Mic



Calling out your name,

 in the middle of the night 

taking aim for you to make 

things right. 


Stranded on the map

 I can’t draw a straight line, 

don’t know if you might

 just grant me a sign.

Sending out a flare,

 into the endless night 

seeing right here,

 I have an open mic.


Not requesting permission

 or refining my diction,

"Testing, testing one two three, 

Lord are you listening

 do you actually hear me?

I can’t tip the scales to earn your favor, 

I am just in need of a Savior



Pull back all these layers of routine,

 I am bursting at the seams 

pounding fast is my heartbeat,

like running in my dreams 

without moving my feet.



Never seeming to make sense

 of the suspense, I feel inside,

 so I decide not to hide,

 but take the stage 

and seek your face,

 because I know I will increase

 unto a greater grace.



Calling out your name 

in the middle of the night,

seeing right here,

 I have an open mic.



Jeremiah.33:3/Matt.7:10


(Inspired by a conversation I had with an
inmate)





The answer to your problem is as
far as a word is from your tongue.
No matter where you are
or what you are doing
you always have an
'open mic'
to call out to
the Father
Open Mic

Post a Comment

Name

Email *

Message *