Stranger



I am a stranger,

Can you tell?

I do not know these streets so well,

your doubts of confidence

 I cannot dispel.


Though I am a stranger I look not for help 

because being foreign is quite familiar,

consider like a salmon swimming up river,

or an arrow shot far from its quiver.


Others may be confused, 

refusing the idea and not know what to do,

 but as it is I live for what is new.

Who I have never met,

the threat I have never faced, 

the pristine place, 

is where my feet have never graced.



It it the function to which

 I was fashioned 

and better than any dream

 I could have imagined.

Raw and primitive makes

 me feel like a fugitive,

 who escaped the chains

 of comfortable gains.



A ticket to a plane

 a seat on a train 

a walk down Main Street.



This is the concrete on 

which I have built,

 and the water of which 

my well is filled.




Because, before me came a Stranger,

a Man Who offered  

something greater,

 He had no home or caretaker,

yet He was the Mover and the Shaker,

He spoke words as a Groundbreaker

to the hopeless and the failures.


So I will be a stranger and tell the world

of my Savior.



Ps.39:12/Heb.11:13




Stranger

Post a Comment

Name

Email *

Message *