They told me I'd be fine..


They told me I would be fine...


Were they just lying?


Because I feel like I am dying

and no one is even trying

to keep me from crying.



They told me I would be fine...

but where is the line
from, "things just take time",
to, "I’ll never be the same again".

It’s a shame
they play the blame game,
Why aim the pain
when no one is okay?
So alone I sit to pine away.

They told me I would be fine.
...someday maybe, but lately
I feel like I am fading away,
memories graze me faintly,
I am touched by my own frailty
and think so deeply
about life’s vanity.

They told me I would be fine.

But the sands of time

pass us by,
through the hourglass,
without even our second glance.
How many others just begging
for a second chance
to change the past,
erase the bitterness
and their stubborn stance,
and turn it into an

open hand to grasp.



They told me I would be fine.

Lord, all I would ask, is to give
her just one more breath,
so I could say that I forgive
and would love to live
our life over again.

They told me I would be fine...

but the fault is all mine,
because the truth is,

I never even tried,
before my mother died.

So my friend, don't look behind,

for now is the time
that you must change your mind.





(Inspired by a teenager who
lost her mother too soon)

Jn.13:15/Mark.11:25






They told me I'd be fine..

Post a Comment

Name

Email *

Message *