One Life




I wonder if anyone has noticed,
I have been living really hopeless,
as my fear approaches,
I see a dark prognosis
that I may lose complete focus
and fall into a soulless coma.


I watched the world turn to suicide,
running to forever hide
from the pain like an outcry,
tied with their sighs,
they cross to the other side,
this decision isn’t right,
to forfeit the fight,
surrendering to the dark night,
the final defeat to write,
we will all give an account
to the God of light.
I try to take a pause,
contemplate the work of the cross,
my sorrows and griefs Jesus carried,
all my sin, forever to bury.

One life I have to live,

One gift I have to give.
For indeed He never quit.
So, instead of drifting,
my head I am lifting,
with this forgiveness
that is hard hitting,
a love that is ground splitting,
so as God speaks
I am listening.
In place of a new positioning,
having done some backtracking,
and no more am I lacking,
the questions not even worth asking.
I leave my lagging self behind
because a new purpose I find.
So the past I bury
as I pick up my cross to carry
for it is time I start a new story
and it is one that leads
to faith's victory.


Heb.10:17/Matt.16:24


(Inspired by a conversation with a young man
who told me he thought about taking his own life
because he felt so lost and lonely)















One Life

Post a Comment

Name

Email *

Message *